Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Today's doctor visit: meet Baby Rowland!




Today's visit was amazing! I met Steve at the doctor's office and as we were in the waiting room, "Eye of the Tiger" was on the radio. We anticipated hearing the baby's heartbeat on a sonar device, and we joked that the baby's heartbeat would mimic the beat of Steve's favorite Clemson game day song. But, we didn't get to see the sonar device - we got to see an ultrasound!
The lady gelled up my belly and as soon as she put the device on it - there was our sweet Baby Rowland! How surprised were we?! Shortly after, we could hear the rythmic beating of the heart. He or she has a strong heartbeat, according to the ultrasound technician - around 165 beats per minute. He or she also has little limbs and eye buds, arms, hands, legs and feet. I kept pulling up to look at Steve, who was mesmerized. I giggled. He said "wow, now we know there's a little person in there!" Then he asked if we could take pictures home with us and proceeded to steal them from me to show his work clients. After we were done with what must be one of the most monumental events of soon-to-be parents, we walked out of the ultrasound room one giggly mama and one puffy-chested papa. I went through the usual. Put up my pee sample, had my blood pressure taken. All is well there - no fear of odd blood-bourne diseases this go round. We got the chance to talk to the doctor, who told us that we are 11 weeks and 4 days pregnant, and our little sugar plum is about 4 cm. in length. Next visit is Monday, March 29. I will hear baby's heartbeat again, and have blood work done to determine that Baby Rowland is healthy and risk-free. That said, let's hope my blood pressure stays calm. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment