Wednesday, February 24, 2010

First Trimester Terror.

Not terror, really. But folks have been asking me how I feel, and here's the run-down from most annoying to least:

- I am itchy and my skin is dry, all over.
- I have extremely strange dreams.
- I am verging emotional melt-down at the silliest stuff.
- I feel extremely nauseous, but don't throw up.
- I am dead dog tired.

Why I save the dead dog tired bit for last is because I don't believe I've ever had so much sleep in my life! I like it. It feels nice to sleep 10-12 hours each night and on the weekends. I don't mind, really. I'm told that my energy levels will pick up, and my nausea will subside in the second trimester, which is just around the corner!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We are so excited for Dawson to share baby life with a (hopefully red headed) cousin! It's wonderful, and you will feel better! Probably the best that you've ever felt in your entire life. Not only is your body something incredibly amazing, so is your heart. It's growing bigger than you could have ever imagined. The only advice I have is enjoy EVERY.SINGLE.SECOND. After all, for 9 months this baby is all YOURS. Then you are "forced" to share him/her, but for now you get to know, love, feel and protect this being and he/she relies soley on you. It's truly a miracle. This time will fly by and you'll blink twice and a toddler will be walking around calling you "mama." Your heart will melt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mandie! So great to hear from you. Yes, Dawson will have a partner in crime, for sure. Like you, I'm also pretty sure that the baby will have red hair, though Steve wants to believe he is dominant in the genetic pool. ;)-

    Thanks for the advice and the knowledge that this yucky tired feeling will go away.

    Give sweet Dawson kisses from us!

    ReplyDelete