Wednesday, February 24, 2010

First Doctor's Visit.

So, I hate blood tests. It's a fact. I find them invasive and a little too personal. The mere thought that someone would be standing over my blood and looking at it freaks me out, sans needles, even. Then, there's the unmerited, completely ridiculous thought that I may have caught HIV from a toilet bowl, or Hepatitis from the dentist's chair. All those things that I don't want to think about or know about tend to surface when I have to have blood drawn.

Because of this, my blood pressure was so high that the lady taking it told me she was scared and considered sending me to the emergency room. I eventually calmed down but the next week was laden with fear - wondering if my blood tests came back clean.

They did. All is perfect this visit. No protein or sugar in my urine. My blood pressure was normal after I calmed down. My pap smear was normal also. They confirmed me at six weeks on January 7, 2010. Baby Rowland was roughly the size of a sesame seed. I was given prenatal vitamin samples to help him or her grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment