Saturday, May 1, 2010

Doctor's visit, April 28.


As you can probably tell by the new blog colors, we learned that Baby Rowland is a boy! This visit was comprised of a long ultrasound session, of which we were told right away, first thing, that Baby was a boy. Undeniably, the pictures leave no questions as to that fact. Steve excitedly said "YESSSSS" in the exam room and began to send messages to all our friends and family. From there he was so proud of himself and walked around with his chest out and his head held high. I was so happy and proud, but I believe I knew it to be a boy all along. The UT technician also conducted the following measurements and noted baby's development therein:

- Baby's head is perfectly round and of a nice size.
- Baby's femur bones and legs measure proportionate to his body.
- Baby's face and lips are fully and perfectly formed.
- From what we could see, Baby's feet have five little toes and his hands have five little fingers.
- Baby's beating heart was 148 bpm, and has four chambers.
- Baby's kidneys are well formed and where they should be.
- Two holes in his belly showed us his stomach and bladder, well formed and located perfectly.
- He weighs 14 ounces (almost one pound), and he falls in the 64% size range, which means he's not too big or too small. Just right.

As we were watching the ultrasound, he was of course moving like crazy as he always is. His mouth was opening and closing and he was bringing his little hand up to it. His arms and legs were kicking like crazy, and he's definitely moving the little fingers on his hands, which most of the time were resting on his cute little belly.

Learning his gender makes it so much more real! We are having a son. I enter stores now and I can look at the boy clothing and toys and think about how Baby Rowland would wear them or enjoy them. I bought Steve some "I love Daddy" and "Tiny Tiger" onsies. We've also been discussing names for our son, of which we plan not to share with anyone until Baby is born. So, you all who know Steve too well will just have to speculate that Baby will come out with the name "Greg Allman Rowland" or "Marshall Tucker Rowland" or "Willie Nelson Rowland" in the meantime.

I can't help but think over and over again, that Steve and I are going to bring a son, grandson and nephew to the world, and that we are entirely blessed and praise God for this awesome miracle!

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for ya'll! You will LOVE being the mother of a boy...it is the most amazing thing ever. I have to admit, I'm shocked. I really thought girl for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to add Great Grandson to your list!!
    I love you and am very happy for you and Steve.. Sally says alright....

    ReplyDelete