Saturday, April 3, 2010

Gut punched (or kicked).


Last night, without question, the baby kicked me in the gut. I felt it without a doubt! In the last few weeks I sorta wondered if I was feeling something but always passed it off as too much beans or broccoli, if you know what I mean. Not this time. For sure, there were defined little movements placed from some foot or hand. Like little punches - a punch here, and a punch there. Amazing!

Steve and I were laying in bed, and I believe he had drifted off already. I was laying on my back, and when I felt it I breathed in really quick and woke him up right away. Then, it happened several times more. It was actually difficult to fall asleep since I wanted the baby to kick and move all night. I can't wait until it becomes so pronounced that Steve can feel it. Perhaps baby takes after its daddy, and is ready to start playing soccer?

Baby, you make it so much more real.

1 comment:

  1. Feeling a baby moving around like that is totally cool, even when I haven't felt it myself internally (feeling it on others is totally incredible)! VERY exciting! I know you're enjoying!

    ReplyDelete